Search bar

Sunday, April 5, 2015

I had the WILL but I did not SUCCEED...

Earlier today, Wisconsin Badgers has beaten University of Kentucky Wildcats 71-64 ending UK's 38 game winning streak and also ending their title hopes in the process.

38-1. They lost only game yet they are out in the tournament.

This post is not about the NCAA Tournament. This is about my version of "Wisconsin".

Ever since I transferred to San Beda Alabang School of Law in 2013, I never had a failing mark in my Final Grades.

Until....

I experienced my own version of "Wisconsin" by the name of "WILLS AND SUCCESSION". Funny that they started with same letter. haha

Anyway, I failed the said subject. It ended my 'unblemished' streak. It was supposed to be painful but when I entered law school, I think I developed a sort of "immunity" towards failure and disappointment.

The reason why I flunked it because I was not ready for it. I simply couldn't understand it. I couldn't grasp it. Do not get me wrong but I spend countless hours studying for the subject but for some reason, it was not working for me. To be honest, if I miraculously passed the subject, I will feel lucky because I sure did not deserve the passing mark.

One indication that I did not fully comprehend the said subject was when it was the topic at the Morning Rush, a morning radio program at Monster RX 93.1. Del, Chico and Gino were talking about inheritance. They were discussing about how would the properties left be divided among the heirs if there are creditors. They started posing some questions like "Would the heirs pay the creditors out of their share in the inheritance?". They were asking their loyal listeners to help them with this legal predicament.

Upon hearing this, I was dumbfounded. I was literally drawn a blank. I said to myself, the indications are not looking good regarding my grade in Wills.

True enough, when the news that our grade in Wills were out, I failed.

Oh Well, the streak is gone but it is time to make a new one. Hopefully my grades in the 2nd semester would turn out to be great.

Going back to my NCAA analogy, hopefully we get our 'revenge' over 'Wisconsin'.



No comments:

Post a Comment