Search bar

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

A Thank You Letter to Pope Francis

Dear Pope Francis,

Thank You for visiting the Philippines. Millions of Catholics went to see a glimpse of you and your ever sincere and genuine smile.

Thank You for visiting my impoverished kababayans in Leyte. Your presence was surely a boost in their morale and spirituality as they are still slowly getting up on their feet after the horrific storm that hit them.

Thank You for pointing out that the focus of your visit is about Jesus and not about yourself.

Thank You for reminding us that it is OK to cry. Much like the rain that day, there was downpour of tears when I watched you hug the child giving the speech and hold the hands of the children on-stage while the song "Tell the World of His Love" is playing.

Thank You for meeting the Father of the volunteer who died after a scaffolding fell on her. 

Thank You for trying to bridge the gap between the believers of different religions and those who are non-believers of existence of God.

I know a lot of news articles have been posted or published and various documentaries have been shown regarding your visit. 

I know my list of Thank You notes are not complete. I just would like to write a simple blog post just to show my appreciation for Pope Francis. 

I just hope and pray that his teachings would resonate on us for a long time.

and one last thing,

Thank You for praying for us. 


No comments:

Post a Comment