Search bar

Monday, October 31, 2011

LAW SCHOOL MYTHS

LAW STUDENTS ARE FORBIDDEN TO HAVE A LOVE LIFE

My classmate who recently broke up with her boyfriend wrote this Facebook note. Personally, I am committed to Mary Grace Catelo, my girlfriend for more than two years now.

I am thankful that my girlfriend is very understanding. I think that open-communication is the main factor for the longevity of our relationship. We text a lot and we see to it that we see each other weekly. In addition, I bring my girlfriend with me in almost all of my gimiks with my Law School block-mates. Its like hitting two birds with one stone, I get to spend sometime with my girlfriend and have a bonding time with my classmates.

Our teacher in SEM1 (SBC Requirement) an equivalent of Theology, suggested that we should not be involved in any romantic relationship while in Law School because this will take some valuable time that could be spend studying. In my case, during our disagreements, I see to it that we talk while our heads are cool enough to listen. Sometimes, the problem with other couples is that they tend to voice out everything during the heat of the moment. It is a settled rule that don't make any judgement while at the height of your emotions. 

Approximately, at least 10 in our class including me, are in a relationship and I think all of us are in a  long relationship.

Sure there are a lot of hot boys and girls in law school, the temptation might be too strong to resist but remember that trust is so hard to earn but way too easy to lose.

LAW STUDENTS DO NOT HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR

During our orientation, one resource speaker said, if you are still able to afford to smile even after being humiliated in front of the class, then congratulations.

Thank God that I haven't lost all my sense of humor. I can still afford to smile, crack a joke amidst all the stress and hassle that Law School brings.

I am also thankful that I made friends who also have sense of humor, it maybe about joking about someone's physical appearance, a green joke or worst, make fun of our teachers. This stuff may be categorized as "high-schoolish" but still, we take whatever relieves us from the stress from reading 200 pages daily.


LAW STUDENTS DO NOT HAVE TIME TO PARTY

I think the advantage of having night classes is that we could afford to get drunk at night then hit the books later in the morning till afternoon.

My group of friends started hanging out right after our last midterm exams since then, we get to hang-out after a very stressful night. i.e we went to Dapitan to have a videoke party after a bloody SEM1 exam. and almost the whole class went to Taft to have some good time when our Professor announced that we won't be having a Saturday class.

4 comments:

  1. Good day to you!
    I am very glad that I saw your blog.
    Somehow it gives me an overview of what it's like to be a Law Student. :)
    I'm a graduating student of AB Pol Sci and currently working as an IT Consultant for a BPO Industry for almost 4 years now. Honestly, I really like to study in SBC since sobra akong na-inspire ni Ms. Irene Mae Alcobilla (Bar Topnotcher for 2014 Bar Exams) kaso lang I'm the breadwinner of the family and I'm still financing my sisters' education. So I decided na mag ipon muna and by 2017 nalang ako mag ta-try mag exam sa iba't ibang law schools. Do you have classmates ba na full time working and breadwinner din? How do they manage their time? I also have a BF. I'm afraid that I lose my relationship in return. Kidding aside. Hehe. Thank you in advance sa advice mo :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I have a blocmate during my first year in SBC-Mendiola who was a full-time student and a breadwinner at the same time.

      He practically sleeps for only 2 hours a day (sa library nalang sya natutulog). Sa BPO industry din siya, Supervisor ata siya or equivalent nun.

      Talo pa kaming mga full time student na walang work kasi mas mataas grade nya kaysa sa amin haha.

      Sadly, tumigil na siya sa law school, money matters ata, sayang may potential pa naman.

      Lagi nya sinasabi sa amin, na maswerte kami kasi may nagtutostos ng pag-aaral amin sa law school. Isa sya sa mga iniisip ko kapag tinatamad akong mag-aral haha.

      Saludo ako sa iyo kasi ikaw ang breadwinner sa family mo habang ako palamunin haha...

      Anyway, good luck and hopefully makapag-aral ka sa SBC.

      Delete
  2. Hi! I'm graduting next month with a degree in PolSci and would also be taking the exams for SBC Law. Do you have any tips for me for the exams? Is it hard? Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi VJ, the exams are your typical college entrance school exam. It will ask basic fundamental questions regarding math, English, reading comprehension among others.
      If you want to be prepared, I will advice you to buy civil service exam review books.
      The last part of the exam will be the essay part so better brush-up with the current events by reading newspapers or through the internet.

      Good luck!!!

      Delete